Tuesday, April 16, 2013

How to read aloud

Hey y'all!


Over the weekend, I scoured the internet in hopes of finding a strategy to use to help students become better readers.  My students tend to mumble, read quietly or plain refuse to read.

I found this website --

http://www.smp.org/dynamicmedia/files/e1aa1f0ffe1e3816162198e673a73244/TX001317_1-Method-Training_Students_to_Read_Aloud.pdf

It helps student to learn how to read aloud by focusing on tone words and punctuation clue meanings.  My students had a blast doing this activity.  It's definitely worth a look-see!

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

Ms. Bergin

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the website. Can't wait to try it!
    Katie
    Mind Sparks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Hope it helps your students become even just a little better at reading aloud! This is definintely an issue I plan on tackling at the start of the semester next year instead of allowing them to mumble for so long. If I find any more good resources, I will definitely post them my blog! :)

      Colleen

      Delete