Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Liebster Award!

WOAH! I've been nominated and accepted the Liebster award from Susan Gifford (check out her blog! http://georgiapeachteacher2nd.blogspot.com/) !  I'm so honored :)

Ms. Gifford has asked me 11 questions in which I will do my best to answer... here goes!

1. What is your favorite grade/subject to teach and why?  My favorite is English - I have only been teaching a few years, with limited experience in grade levels.  So far, I have to say I prefer 9th grade!  Still young enough with an imagination!  
2. What is your best teaching moment? My best teaching moment is when my students are teaching one another, relying on each other instead of me. :)
3.What is your favorite food? My favorite food would need to be buffalo chicken!
4.Why did you become a teacher? I have always wanted to be a teacher, as long as I can remember, with playing school in the basement with my siblings and playing the role of teacher using my mother's portable chalkboard.  
5.What is your favorite vacation spot? That's a super easy one - The Outer Banks, NC!
6. What do you love most about blogging? Making connections with fellow bloggers, seeing how each one of us travels and grows in our teaching career.  We may teach the same materials, but different obstacles, different ways of thinking and teaching keeps us all from being the same.  
7.How long have you been teaching? Going on three years now!
8. What is your favorite food? Whoops This has already been answered in question 3!
9. What do you do in your free time? I am obsessed with pinterest :) Also love traveling, checking out new restaurants, etc.
10.Where do you find inspiration? I find inspiration through blogs, fellow teachers and my students.
11. What is your favorite day of the week? Saturday! Day of relaxing and just hanging out with a day off the following day as well!

In addition, here are the 11 random facts about myself:
1. I moved to NC in 2011 without a job or apt lined up!
2. I am deaf and use hearing aids to hear. 
3. No I don't do sign language, though I am fluent in it.
4.I flew for the first time in 2000 to California for a wedding. Best vacation ever.
5. I am the oldest of 6 kids in my family and the only deaf one.
6. I went to college in Rhode Island and made some of the best friends anyone could ask for.
7.  I am addicted to Mt. Dew and have tried multiple times to quit drinking it with my success rate of lasting 5 months.
8. I get cold easily and relish the hot summer days.
9. I obsess over the beach. I go any chance I can!
10. I broke my arm at 2 years old.
11. I once was trapped between electric sliding doors at the local library as a pre-teen or teen because my weight was too light for the door to recognize that a person was there to open.


Happy Wednesday!

Cheers!

Bergin

No comments:

Post a Comment