Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Hiatus

Hey y'all!

It's been quite a hiatus for me, I can't even believe it has been over a year since I have last posted on my blog! :(  My life has been one whirlwind after another and it is finally starting to calm down... for now at least.

I am still teaching at the same school I was before my hiatus and teaching specifically English I and II.  I teach primarily inclusion classes so it has been an uphill battle getting used to all the different skill levels.  Thank goodness for technology!!

My classes and I have been super busy lately learning about the Holocaust while reading Elie Wiesel's memoir, Night. The students are learning something new all the time and really asking amazing questions and making connection between the Holocaust and various current issues. I'm so excited they are able to make these connections without my help.

My English I class has been working on navigating through The Odyssey. Once again, I get the same ol' question... what's the point of reading this epic?  Why can't we read something we want to read, that we can read.   I agree with these questions and pose those questions to you... Why must we stick with the classics - why not read books that students can understand and relate with more?

I am currently in graduate school for Curriculum and Instruction with Integrating Technology. Yep, it's a mouthful, but I am halfway through and am so pleased with my decision to make this my major for my Masters degree.  Since I am in grad school I will sadly be unable to travel the world extensively this summer as I have been doing the last few summers.  Hopefully I will be able to share with you some of the things I have learned during my courses!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment