Sunday, January 26, 2014

New Semester, New Kids!

Hey y'all!

I'm at the start of the new semester with a new crop of children to teach!  We are starting off the semester by learning how to annotate.  I developed an Annotation Guide, both in English AND Spanish due to the amount of ESL students I have in my class that know little to no English.  In addition, I created a rubric that goes along with the guide.

Some students are off to a fantastic start with annotation, and others need a little more assistance. I believe that learning annotation at the start will help the rest of the semester go smoothly in terms of reading a text that may be difficult (Odyssey, Romeo and Juliet, etc). 

Stop by my store between 1/27 and 1/30 and receive 10% discount on several items!
teacherspayteachers.com/store/colleen-bergin

Cheers!
Ms. Bergin 

No comments:

Post a Comment